Friday, August 8, 2008

Weekend Rundown: Stone Soul etc.

Hi all...okay so I lied when I said I wouldn't be dipping out for the rest of the summer...just taking a short trip to NYC for the weekend with my line sisters! :) So like my man Sean Breezey said, "At least give people the weekend rundown..." And so I will:

>>> Friday: It's 8.8.08 so you have to go out!!! Pure also known as "the old Barnun" (1326 U Street NW) has $1.00 drinks from 6-9 tonight. The usual hot spots are poppin' off Love (1350 Okie Street) and Fur (33 Patterson St. NE) tonight if you like big spots but if you're looking for something new and don't mind traveling outside of the District, check out The Mark (7410 Baltimore Ave.) in College Park. It's a small spot (and yes there will be college kids there) but it's a 21+ spot with a great decor and great drinks!

>>> Saturday: STONE SOUL PICNIC has a great line up and I'm really sad I'm going to miss it. With performances by Solange, Jazmine Sullivan, Eric Benet, Joe, Marvin Sapp and many more head over to RFK Stadium (2400 East Capitol Street, SE) with your family and friends. Afterwards, H20 (800 Water Street) claims to be having the official after party but you can also try out Layla (801 Morse Street), Penang (1837 M Street NW) or Station 9 (1430 U Street NW). Shout out to Anwar at DopeFresh.

>>> Sunday: Cool out on the rooftop at The Beacon Hotel (1615 Rhode Island Ave. NW) from 3-9 PM with drinks, music and a different crowd! :)