Monday, June 23, 2008

Not My Recap: DC City Blog does Ibiza

So I keep up on everyone doing reviews of spots around DC and some of my favs, Dean and Jiyan run a blog called DC City Blog where they basically do the same thing I do...but I do it more fabulously! :) You already know.

Anyway, so these guys checked out Ibiza (1222 First Street NE). Here's what they had to say:

(Photo: Dean and Jiyan, authors of DC City Blog | Photo Credit: DC City Blog)

Cost - $$$
I don’t know how this club gets away with charging more than $10 for marginal liquor but they do. I can only imagine the balance sheets at Ibiza by the end of the night.

Service - B
Much like other super clubs in DC, they place a premium on security and this means you will get frisked before entering. Personally I don’t like to start my nights off getting felt up by some dude but at least the security has some semblance of cordiality (something you don’t get at other super clubs like Love). Once you are in, the bartenders are pretty cool and cute.

Food - ?

Decor - B
The Ibiza Web site claims that when you walk in the doors you will “take a trip into a breathtaking world of elegance, beauty and excitement.” That it a bit of an exaggeration - the only thing breathtaking is the stench of cheap perfume and cologne that pervades the club. The place is absolutely huge but I have to admit they have done a pretty decent job designing and decorating the place. The upstairs patio is particularly cool.

Feel - C
I think for some, Ibiza is a pretty cool club but I am a grumpy middle-aged man and I don’t like super clubs nor the clientele that super clubs attract. As far as super clubs go, Ibiza is certainly a better place than Love. Just not my cup of tea.