Wednesday, April 2, 2008

You asked me: Cafe Citron

So every weekend I get texts and emails that go something like "Joi, what's going on this weekend?"...or "Where should I celebrate my birthday?"...or "What's going on tonight?"...so I just wanted to share an unusual request that I think all could benefit from:

From: Lamar
To: TheFabEmpire 
Date: April 1, 2008 at 9:53 PM

I wonder have you been to any spots that would be considered Brazilian?

---

From: JayMarie
To: Lamar
Date: April 1, 2008 at 10:02 PM

What do you mean by Brazilian...as in play Brazilian music? Have a Latin flare? Have Latin nights...??? Also, which city are you interested in...

Thanks for reaching out!

---

From: Lamar
To: TheFabEmpire 
Date: April 2, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Hey I guess a little bit of everything you covered...Washington D.C. or VA.

---

From: JayMarie
To: Lamar
Date: April 2, 2008 at 3:43 PM

Lamar, I would check out Cafe Citron in Dupont Circle...address is 1343 Connecticut Avenue. I went there with my friend B one day after work... they have a happy hour from 5-7 PM and they have the BEST mojitos in EVERY flavor there...I think I had watermelon.

The time I went, this Brazilian dancer got on the bar and started shaking her thing (I was kinda disgusted...B took out his camera phone)...and they even had a salsa lesson downstairs. I opted out to sit and eat my fully loaded nachos. 

It isn't a swanky spot; def a jeans and t-shirt type of time...but the mojitos were good...

Hope this helps,

DCFab! Girl