Monday, April 21, 2008

Recap: Busboys and Poets

Is it bad that I'm in this meeting but still thinking what should I recap on my blog...::sigh::...

Anyway, last Thursday after another full day at work my coworker Chelley and I decided to head to U Street for some after-work chillen out. Busboys and Poets (2021 14th Street) is the perfect spot if you want post-work coffee, cocktails or eats. It's located in one of our favorite neighborhoods and footsteps down from another great spot Marvins.

(Photo credit: Susana Raals)

This funky spot is more like a dressed up Starbucks. It has the comfy couches, the coffee and the chill factor but it's complete with a bookstore (reading is fundamental), a great menu (I had the cheese and bacon burger...Chelley had the crawfish quesadillas...she's from Louisiana) and a great mojito.

Also, this spot serves as a performance venue with open mic on Tuesday evenings. Tickets are $4 and the list opens at 8 PM. It's in this cool back room called the Langston Room, named after the poet Langston Hughes...I remember Mic Sean used to have events there. If you're in the U Street area make sure you check it out!

:) Back to work I go my loves...

p.s. Did anyone else know that it's National Poetry Month?