Monday, November 24, 2008

Recap: Get Fab at D'Brows

Right before I left for NY Fab!'s Anniversary party in the Big Apple, I had to go and get cute.

I heard about this great boutique day spa, right in the center of historic U Street called D'brows (1203 U Street NW).

Tucked in the basement on this busy street, it was a piece of peace. Right when you walk in, you feel a different vibe as the ever-friendly receptionist greets you with chocolates or tea, whatever you prefer. I took the chocolate :)

D'brows specializes in hooking up your eyebrows and although the price is a above what I normally pay (eyebrow arch is $19) you get what you pay for.

Just like a men's barbershop, ladies can sit and chat while getting hooked up. I've never had so much attention paid to these little hairs above my eyes and I sincerely appreciated it. (I'll never forget the horrible accident when the nail shop lady ruined my left eyebrow the same night I was headed to my first red carpet event! Pissed was not the word).

D'brows also specializes in eyelash extension (They have some really funky lashes but can even create a natural look for every day or a special event. Prices range from $29-$349) and facials.

I tried the D’Bioelements mini-facial, which left me wanting more. My face did feel refreshed (this is a perfect Christmas gift for the winter...especially to take off those dead skin cells). My only wish is that it would have lasted a bit longer.

Stop by D'brows or click here to make your appointment. Be sure to tell them you saw it on DC Fab! Thanks Dawn!

p.s. After wards, I stopped by Ben's Chili Bowl, which is right next door to get a chili dog. It was the perfect night out! :)