Friday, November 14, 2008

DC Can't Take Obama's Inauguration

Word on the street is that Obama's inaguration in January is expected to draw over 1 million people to the District. We already know how bad parking is on the weekend in D.C., let alone on a day when the first black President gets sworn into office.

If you're like me and live anywhere close to D.C. I'm sure you've already had people asking can they stay over. I think my house is going to resemble those overnight parties I used to have in high school (ohh...good memories!).

Photo Credit: Jonas Karlsson

The National Park Service plans to clear more viewing space along the Pennsylvania Avenue parade route and jumbo TV screens will line the Mall so people can watch the inauguration and parade.

Many congressmen and women have already stopped taking requests for free tickets. If you're attempting to buy tickets, don't expect to find them on eBay, StubHub or Kijiji. Those sites will not allow tickets to the inauguration to be sold, which is kind of illegal.

Good luck if you're planning on coming in from outta town and no you can't stay with me! :)