Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Parties!

Halloween is fast approaching and I am a total big kid; I love Halloween (partly because my mom never really let me celebrate it during my childhood...boo on her!). Anyway, here are some fun and traditional ideas to celebrate Halloween in the DMV:

DC Fab! Girl on Halloween circa 2007

>> The Usual Suspectz are hosting a costume party at Club 24 (2122 24th Street NE) on Friday night. The winner of the best costume will receive $500 so don't sleep (I've already bought my costumeeeee!) This party is 18+. Click here for more details.

>> To start Halloween off right, Fur (33 Patterson Street NE) is hosting a Thursday night party complete with open bar from 9-10 PM. Everybody is free until 11 PM and the party is hosted by WKYS' Angie Ange (I swear I saw her walking across Farrugut Park the other day). Click here for more details.

>> If you're on that recession diet, head to Republic (1355 U Street NW) because it's FREE all night! That's right folks...but you must RSVP here.

>>Also, I must shout out the commenter who really made me see the light about Love (1350 Okie Street NW). That's just it, if you liked Love 3-5 years ago, you really shouldn't be going there now. Let the kiddies enjoy it. Dag...and I thought I was grown partying in Love 3-5 years ago. I guess, I'll let Love die. But if you're not willing to let it go, head there and get in free with a costume all night. They're hosting a 4th floor costume party. The winner will recieve $1000 in bottle service (that's a lot of liquor).

>>Pure (1326 U Street NW) is also having a recession-friendly party with ladies free until 12 and fellas free before 11. Click here to make that happen! Oh! And $100 plus a bottle of champagne for the best costume! :)

If you're not into partying on Halloween (who are you?!)...just kidding, here are some fun alternatives:

>> Go to Fright Fest at Six Flags America in Largo. It's open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night until 10 PM. Get tickets here.

>>Pick out a pumpkin at a nearby pumpkin patch! This is one of my favorite things to do around this season (partly because I couldn't dress up as a child so this is all we did...). Click here to find one near you! :)

>>Go on a haunted train ride. I've never done this but I reallllly reallly want to. Sounds like a fun date. Go on a creepy carousel and a haunted hayride in Wheaton. Click here for more info!