Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Recap: Shawty Lo at Ibiza

Sunday night was buzzing with many parties in the District. I headed to Ibiza (1222 First Street NE) because not only is my best friend a crazy Shawty Lo fan, I wanted to support two B-more cats Charles of Trendsetterz Entertainment and Godlove of G'love Productions.

With this noble production (the two rented out the entire venue, snagged the celebrity recording artist and brought out fans and partyers from Baltimore and D.C.), the party seemed to centralize in the main room.

Now we all know, I'm not club head...so I wasn't particularly feeling it. I would have loved to go chill out on the rooftop, sipping an apple martini, y'all know how I do...but no, 'the best friend' wanted to party and watch Shawty Lo, who by midnight was already partying in VIP with his entourage.


Humble and milking up all the attention from lots of groupies, fans and moupies, Shawty Lo with all of his blinged out chains, partied and sipped before his 'performance'. Didn't see him? It's probably because dude is like 5'2"...I guess they call him Shawty Lo for a reason. He's short and low (to the ground).


While watching his performance from the DJ booth, close to Brian and AJ of RS Entertainment, DJ P Drama and DJ K.I., we all laughed at this NASTY MARRIED woman (I knew she was married because she had her engagement ring and wedding band on...disturbing) while she took off her clothes (literally) and shake it on Shawty Lo's DJ. A.HOT.MESS. If she was my wife...

DJ P Drama with WKYS' Angie Ang

I don't know...I'm just glad 'the best friend' had fun! :)