Thursday, September 18, 2008

Recap: Chrisette and Raheem in Heineken Red Star Soul

I'm not sure why but some people paid to get into Ibiza to hear Chrisette Michelle and Raheem DeVaughn perform at Heineken's Red Star Soul. Heineken supplied patrons with free beer, free kegs, free iTunes and a variety of trinket bottle openers to help us wait deep into the night for the main acts.

DJ D Nice provided the tunes although his bet set was the old school that had my friends and I saying, "Oh! I'm too young for this...I don't remember that one."

Of course in DC, Go Go was in the building...

BET's Danella hosted along with (the silly cutie) Kenny Burns. Her shoes were fierce and has to be immortalized...snaps. Wait, did I see her walking in hand-in-hand with cutie pie Kenny? Perhaps he was being a gentleman...perhaps there's something more...

If you're like me and paid a good chunk of change to see Chrisette and Raheem a couple of months ago at Merriweather Post Pavilion then you probably were disapointed that they didn't switch up their set AT ALL...even Raheem and that dag on purple cape!

Still, Chrisette gave a flawless vocal performance...although she did sport a hot lookin' long sleeved shirt and we see she's forgone the short look in exchange for some extensions. I ain't mad -- she looked fab! 



Raheem before he started strippin...and before he broke out the purple cape and the "Have it Your Way" Burger King crown...have I ever told you that I have a major musical crush on his background singer? The tall lanky one? 

Spotted in the audience were other DMV celebs like Angel Lola Love, who was spotted texting in VIP. Also, Anwar 'Big G' Glover was making moves through the crowd on the first level.