Friday, September 12, 2008

DC Shorts Film Festival

If you love movies (I'm not a movie person but I'm trying) then check out the DC Shorts Film Festival at the E Street Cinema (555 11th Street, NW @ Metro Center Station). The festival kicked off yesterday and will be bringing great short films to the District until Sept. 18.

The week will showcase over 100 films and has workshops and network opportunities for all those aspiring filmmakers.

Today at 1 PM, there will be a workshop entitled "Making the Extremely Low Budget Feature" (that's for you Mia) and Saturday boasts an array of free events for the family as well as a Screenwriting Competition.

(Pic above: From the movie "The Cola Heroes" about two lovers torn because one loves Coke, the other Pepsi! I'm a Pepsi girl myself so I totally understand...)