Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Recap: Esby Inc.'s Move to Mai Thai

On Saturday night I celebrated my ls birthday with Esby Inc. at Mai Thai (1200 19th Street NW). Although they usually hold down Penang, which is right across the street because of some rumor or another (greedy restaurant owners/trying new things/etc.) they decided to party it up at Mai Thai.

For some reason I couldn't help but think of how G4 used to do it.


And it was easy to think that with Mecca AKA Ready Set Go on the mic and DJ KI on the tables. Still, the college educated DC socialites finally filled up Mai Thai close to 1 AM (when I arrived...smile).


(From left to right) DC Fab! fan Mary with DC Fab! Correspondent Miss Aminata. Both look fab! Well done ladies!

I spotted a lot of people who continually hold down DC, like my man Colin from Clockwise Clothing, Anwaa from Dope Fresh Clothing, Ms. Kimiko, Nate from Talk of DC and even Washington Wizards new recruit Javale McGee was trying to pop bottles here (nobody cared too much but he did stand out...all 7 feet of him).

DC Fab! with the man on the mic Mecca AKA Ready Set Go and Nate from Talk of DC

I don't know about you but it's nice to go where everybody knows your name! :)