Friday, August 1, 2008

The Lion King | R&B Concert of the Summer | The Flobots

I'm really not a party girl...I'm just a girl who likes to go out. And to prove it (not that I have to) here are some alternative options to spend your weekend:

The Lion King is in its last three weeks in the District. I hear tickets are sold out for the last performances but you can still try to get some by clicking here. Tickets range from $25-$150 and the show goes until August 24 at The Kennedy Center (2700 F Street NW).

This concert is the bomb! (and yes I know people don't use that slang anymore but it's just that bomb!) Can you imagine this? Estelle (luv her!), Jill Scott (luv her!), The Roots (well they're alright) and of course DC's own Chuck Brown are performing at Merriweather Post Pavilion (10475 Little Patuxent Parkway Columbia, MD) on Saturday. Tickets range from $41-$74. Get them here.

Do you like new music? Well try the Flobots (I know...weird name....sounds like a cyborg). Anyway, if you've never heard of them, think politics meets Hip-hop or you can just click here to go to their Web site! :) They'll be at the 9:30 Club (815 V Street NW) on Sunday. Tickets are only $15.