Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fourth of July Fun | Thursday Events

BUT! Before I leave...of course I had to give you the rundown of what's poppin' while I'm away! (Be sure to send me all you comments, concerns, disappointments and praises of parties while I'm gone!)

Lookin' for something easy on the pockets? Try free! K Street Lounge (1301 K Street) is having a customer appreciation night thanks to The Usual Suspectz and J&K

Thursday night Cheeky is making Jin (2017 14th Street NW) pop off to get you ready for the "high holiday" (lol).  From 8-10 PM he'll have "vodka sampling" whatever that means. I mean the real question is, is that open bar or not?! :) 

Of course, The Park (920 14th Street NW) has it's regular party going on...which should be more live than last week. Oh yea, $5 entrees are more like $10 entrees, don't be fooled. Still, it's a great crowd in a great atmosphere. 

Station 9 (1438 U Street NW) looks very promising this week. HBO Def Poetry poet Asia (I don't remember him) will be in the building and they'll have drink specials and the like. Go here for a very chill evening although I heard on Saturday it was the 40 and older crowd in the building. Double boo. 

For a more 'international' crowd, head to H20 (800 Water Street). They're having something for the Fourth of July holiday too.