Thursday, May 1, 2008

Oldies but no Goodies at Ozios

Tonight Trademark Entertainment along with others are trying to coax people into Ozio's (1813 M Street NW) to watch the playoffs on one of their 20 TV screens. But before you go, here are some things you should know...

(Photo: Ozio's sans smoke!)

I found myself in Ozio's last weekend...I got invited by a friend of a friend to celebrate former Terrapin Byron Mouton's birthday. Okay fine, I go because I'll know a lot of UMD heads...BUT I could barely breath due to all the cigars and cigarettes (it's a cigar lounge as well) and the whole place looked kinda of dirty. I don't know...something about the decor.

Lastly...well...this comes to no surprise that I was probably the youngest person in there (still lookin' fab of course) but what I'm trying to say here is that if you go here...don't expect much. It's a stark contrast to the shiny lounges popping up around McPherson and Franklin Squares...and I thought you couldn't smoke in DC anymore...boo.

Still, tonight DJ Trini will be in the building and at least it's free to get in.