Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rev. Dr. Jeremiah Wright at NPC

Yesterday, Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. participated in many public events at the National Press Club (529 14th St. NW) downtown. 

I didn't want to comment on this (because of a number of reasons...well... really my mother) BUT...I have to say this. 

I was angered after reading the New York Times front page article about their reactions to yesterday's press conference; a conference that included throwing random and not so random questions at the Reverend. What heated me specifically was the lack of respect that Alessandra Stanley, the NY Times author had for Dr. Wright. For one, calling him "Mr. Wright"...somehow, in my mind was the equivalent to calling a black man in the Jim Crow era a boy...show some respect! It's Rev. Dr. Jeremiah Wright!

Secondly, the article ended with Chuck Todd's reaction to Rev. Dr. Wright's press conference as he quoted the infamous Carly Simon song saying, "You're so vain, you probably think this campaign is about you." Okay...c'mon people. The media draggggged Rev. Dr. Wright into this mess. If he wasn't Obama's pastor, Fox News wouldn't even care about who he is or what he says... The media made this bed and now they must lie all up in it. So yes, Chuck...perhaps it is about him! 

And I'm done. Now back to the regularly scheduled party program.

Stay informed! :)