Monday, February 4, 2008

Recap: Social Etiquette at Station 9 Lounge


If you've never been to Station 9 (14th and U St. NW), put it on your things 'to do'. I dropped by this renovated post office building last Friday (2.1.08) where RS Entertainment with G'love Productions made a quiet entrance into DC nightlife (they usually throw parties in Baltimore).

(Photo: Godlove of G'love Productions and Brian of RS Entertainment)

Station 9 isn't for those who want to bump and grind...if you're looking for a chill yet entertaining evening, bring some choice friends or your boo here. They had free house wine (I heard it was nasty) but y'all know I'm not a wine drinker and I was very disapointed when they ran out of martini glasses and asked me if I minded if my apple martini was in a regular glass...yessssss.

(Photo: People chillin' on the unique lounge furniture at Station 9)

The DJ played something for everyone because this crowd is definitely mixed but no one seemed to mind. From the oldies but goodies to a hint of Baltimore club to hip-hop tunes like "Sensual Seduction" and yes, he even played the Cupid Shuffle...it was def a good time.

(Photo: Loungin' at Station 9)

Helpful hints if you want to try this place out: Parking will take you a minute but they have valet...the kitchen closes at midnight I hear so if you're looking to snack come earlier...and ladies you can wear those stilettos because there's plenty of spots to chill...come in and walk to the 2nd floor!