Monday, November 24, 2008

Not Fab: Butt-grabbing in the Club

It's sad to say but I think it has happened to every woman in the club. You're walking into your favorite nightspot, head high, switch on full blast...I mean, you look good. What do they expect?

You're about to slide pass someone to get where you need to go; the bathroom perhaps...maybe the bar. You say, "Excuse me," and then out of nowhere someone grabs your ass.

You stop. Look behind you. See no one. Think. Decide how to act. Keep walking. You want to crawl out of your skin.

I mean...come the eff on! We're over 21 years old now (AB, because yes I'm talking to you in particular...and your dumb friend, JP, who wouldn't check you), it needs to stop.

And it's even sadder to say that girls and even women have let BOYS let this ish go on for too long. It amazes me how a BOY can think he has the audacity, the right, the privilege to put his hands on your body!

Let's put it in perspective:

For one, I find it not only physically assaulting, it's sexual assault. Men, how would you feel if a girl came up to you in the club and grabbed your jewels, then walked on like nothing ever happened. (I hope you wouldn't get too excited sicko) I mean...wouldn't you feel some kinda' way?

The entire thing is immature just ask two 13-year-olds, Ryan Cornelison and Cory Mashburn who faced sex offender charges from grabbing too many butts in school.

It's disgusting. Alcohol is not an excuse. You are too grown. It burns me up to my core.

Ladies, please respect yourself enough to check the next dude that does it to you. You have a right to wear whatever you want, whenever you want and not get sexually harassed for it. Take back your body and take back your rights. I'm so sick of these immature dudes sometimes...

"If you want to be respected by others the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you." Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Word. Stay fab! :)

p.s. If you have to grab it then you ain't getting it.